Aug. 3, 2001
0:30? -> I don't know the time. Walked around the plane. Drunks in the back. When do we land? listening to the oldies channel. Better than really bad Euro film, "Russian Doll." Naked Mariah Carey on the screen?
??? 2 hours to go. The kids in the front ringing the stewardess button. Hot stewardesses. Blonde!
??? Greenland on the left and the sun's coming up. That's so cool. The kids up front finally losing their energy and going to sleep. Waiting for "start me up."

It was a six hour flight to Iceland where we had a lay over before continuing onto Copenhagen, Denmark. We left around 8:30 pm, which would have put us in Iceland around 2:30 am EDT or about 6:30 in the morning. Smokers and drinkers were in the back. The movie was atrocious and must have catered to the Europeans on the flight, so I didn't bother to watch it. Greenland was a darker shade in the dark shadows of night. I think there was no moon during the flight. Greenland loomed rather large in the plane's window or was it just the Artic Ocean? The onboard radio station had only one good channel of music and also, I believe, a comedy channel. I remember listening to Neil Young's "The needle and the damage done" at least 10 times during the trip if not more. Made me want to learn the song on my guitar. Can't wait to see Iceland's airport. I want to see land soon.

Labels: ,