Yesterday, I was in Arlington, VA for a technical workshop. I left my home hours before I really should've in order to avoid DC traffic. I was down in VA before 7 am, so I went looking for breakfast. After eating, I walked around the hotel to kill more time. I watched as the commuters began to arrive. The hotel is next to a metro station so there were plenty of commuters walking to the metro to get to work. There were other commuters riding bikes as well. I found this a
fascinating sight.


My commute is nothing more than a 45 minute/30 mile drive alone in my car. You don't see many people at 70 mph.


After the workshop ended, I stopped by a Starbuck's and again watched the commuters, and shoppers too, walk from the metro station to wherever they were going. That's what's missing in my commute. I saw cute girls, fat girls, happy girls, foreign girls. You don't see that at 70 mph.