As I sit at home on a Saturday afternoon, I think about some of the television I watched. Basically, I'm trying to catch up with what's on my tivo.

First, we'll start with a favorite for the last couple years: The Amazing Race. It's fair to say that this is showing its age. Like the tired and worn survivor, the Amazing race inn it's tenth season needs to reinvigorate itself. Of course this won't happen this season, but the next race needs some changes. This year they started out with twelve teams rather than eleven. In the first episode, they eliminated two teams with one of those eliminations at the half way point of the leg. What would be better is if they eliminated a team at any time. Imagine that all teams make it through the first three legs, then starting after the next RoadBlock the last team finishing getting eliminated. Then it goes unpredictably from there. It would make good drama, but maybe not good racing. At this point, I would be blogging about the show, but I am not therefore I am none too excited about this show right now. Perhaps when I pick a team to root for...

Next, Battlestar Galactica premiered its new season on friday. What a disappointment. Perhaps I wanted Viper battles against Cylon raiders, but it wasn't too exciting for me. It's also overtly political. The story being occupation of a planet for the good of the occupied people. Iraq? They're fucked. Yet, there are some intriguing developments. Is Roslyn a Cylon? Then how's she going to escape the death squads? Is Baltar?

Thursdays it's Supernatural. I missed the season opener and tivo did not record it for me. This weeks was about killer clowns. "Can't sleep clowns will eat me." At points I was scared. Darn clowns. Thus the X-Files lives!

Thursdays is also Ugly Betty. I just watched my first ep and found it funny as all get out. This is going to be good for the first eps then slowly crash into soap drama. I hope it works and makes it through.

That's it for now. I want to try a few new shows, but the time is hard to find.

Labels: , ,