The holiday season is quickly approaching. Next week is Thanksgiving and pretty soon, before you know it, Christmas is here. I don't mind shopping for presents. I usually try to match the present with the person. It may not be something they need or want, but it ends up being something somewhat useful. Plus, I like to think that the thought does count so I feel that the recipient of the gift appreciates the thinking behind the gift.

Yet, some people have a hard time shopping for presents. My advice for them that do is to look at the person's interests and shop for that. I usually start with a list and build upon that. Once in the stores I work with what is available and what seems right.

Another thing is that people don't know what to shop for me. I'm planning to post a "wish list" with a range of gifts that I could use. Once again these are things from something that interests me.