I hope you and your friends made it to the comicbook store to celebrate Free Comicbook Store. I went with the seed and Marge from the Fish Tank. The Seeds been reading comics lately, and Marge has referenced some books she likes to read so they're pretty much ready for the geekiness to ensue.

And how.

My usual store is Cards, Comics, & Collectibles in Reisterstown. They do a good service and they had all the free comics you can carry. And almost most of the time I go in, there's a sale. Today was no different. $1.00 for all back issues in the bins.

So I bought a few back issues of Spiderman Loves Mary Jane. I would've bought them out, but didn't want to be seen as too enthusiastic about this title. For a dollar it was a great buy. It's a good read if you're into that. Funny thing is sometimes I am. It's reminds me of Evan Dorkin's Pirate Corps from which I got the ska bug as well as these silly relationship style comics. Pirate Corps/Hectic Planet had Halby and Elsie. Spiderman Loves Mary Jane has Spiderman and Mary Jane. And all the intendent complications about those two. It's stupid fun.

Labels: ,