Lance Mannion, my favorite blog writer, writes of missed opportunity at the bookstore. Loved the tale. Once again, he shows how compelling a writer he is always provocative and provoking of thinking from his readers.

I spend lots of my time in bookstores. Friday and Saturday nights or Sunday days perhaps just hoping for some kind of missed opportunity as well. Very little is left to chance and as it so happens it's happened very little to me.

Except today, I was in the BN burning off a coupon for 60% off an item (Ken Burn's Jazz for only $72!). I pay for my purchase. The girl ringing me up says as she hands me the bag, "You know you're handsome."

Uhh, thanks?!?.

And I walk away.

It brings me back to Lance Mannion's post. Missed opportunity?

Maybe. I haven't flirted with a girl in a long time. Was this even flirting? Did she say it as a statement of fact? Or was this something else? I am probably flattering myself, but I don't ever remember a girl tell me something like that. Just one of those things I guess.

Labels: , ,