Baltimore Orioles 2010 Fan Fest

As soon as I got home yesterday from Fan Fest I posted some pictures of that fun day.

Here's how the day went...

Got down to the convention center around a quarter of. The hardcore Baltimore fans were already filing in dressed in black and orange.

Baltimore Orioles 2010 Fan Fest

First listened to a bit of Dave Trembley and Andy McPhail talking. But I came to get some autographs so jumped in the smallest line available: Ken Dixon, Jeremy Guthrie and Jimmy Johnson. I went to see Jimmy Johnson. That dude doesn't have a baseball card.

Then found out Nolan and Felix would be signing soon and made a bee line to their table. We had to wait as Felix and Lou Montanez were 15 minutes late. They must've over slept or something. After getting their autographs on their Topps T206 cards, I go and get some memorabilia: a Gregg Zaun! bat and a "This is Birdland" flyer.

Standing in lines started making me tired, so I seek a chair while listening to the coaches talk. Interesting. Hopefully, these guys can make the team 20 wins better.

There's a lot of bobbleheads out there!

Baltimore Orioles 2010 Fan Fest

I'm tiring so I go get in one last line for Josh Bell, Jason Berken, and Brad Bergesen. I almost don't get in line. I went to get a picture of Brian Roberts as the line to Bell, Berken and Bergesen fill up and closes. The lady was sympathetic and she lets me in as well as a few more. I chat with a bunch of collectors in line. These guys are hard core. One guy has a flag that he gets Orioles players to sign as long as they have played a game in the majors. Two guys from the Eastern Shore go to minor league games to get everyone's signature. Some girl's got all 83 Orioles and Phills on a ball. One dude with an oversize baseball has been for 2 years continuously striving for current players. Me, I just want my cards signed. I'm not as hardcore as these guys.

Baltimore Orioles 2010 Fan Fest

I leave early to do the tour of Camden Yards. Is this the one you pay money for during the season? If it is, it is kind of a rip off. Maybe this year, I'll check it out.

Looking forward to the season. I felt like baseball was soon around the corner. Can't wait.

Labels: ,