It was moving day. I was up early because I had to help mom junk some stuff mostly electronics that have seen their day. Betamax! Eight track! They have to delete it all, because these are all done obsolete technology. Good riddance!

\





The first stereo my parents bought for themselves when they came to America. It has stereo FM, an 8-track and a phonograph player. We've moved this stereo house to house. From the house in Crownsville, to the apartment in Catonsville, to Cedarhurst and on to Greenspring, it's been there. I remember Elvis on an 8-track. I remember the 45s played on it with a weird adapter that I used as my beta-capsule. Bye bye old technology. Bye bye. (Isn't vinyl making a comeback? When are cassette tapes?)



We chose the wrong technology. Not VHS, but Beta. Why? I have no idea, but I think we trusted the Sony name more than any of the other fly by night companies. Whatever happened to Sony?

Labels: ,