As I tweeted this afternoon, the good news is I still have a job, and the bad news is I still have a job. At IniTech.

Good or bad I'm still there. Gallows humor the last few days referenced the Rapture, which is where I get the title of my post. Those lucky few who got the notice are going to be in a better place. Us left behind will be ruled by the devil -- our damn terrible job.

My contribution went the way of the grand old English nursery rhyme, "Here comes a candle to light you to bed; here comes the chopper to chop off your head." Dreadful morning. Dreadful mourning. Walking in I was already greeted by those whispers of those who've gone away. And then it also came in drips and drops over IM rather than the phone, the dreaded phone. Everyone all hopped up. Got no work done.

Let's hope this is once. I don't know if I truly hope it is.

Labels: