The movie bloggers I followed have given good reviews to Drive. I guess I had better go and check it out.

It's about a Hollywood stunt driver who moonlights as a getaway driver for thieves. He's a good driver so that makes him a good getaway driver.

The movie opens with a heist. Our driver is waiting for the thieves to get out to make their getaway. It doesn't go off smoothly so we are treated with a driving spectacle. Except, after 5 minutes he kind of gives up. I want to know what happened.

This opening hints at what you'll go through watching Drive. You'll be thrilled at times, but then you'll want to know WTF.

The movie reminds me of To Live and Die in LA. Moody LA. LA of the night. LA of the 80s.

There's some violence and gore. What's a heist movie without violence. When its knife violence, I can do without.

I like blondes when they have short hair. Carey Mulligan's hair was slightly too short, but I still found her cute.

It's the year of Ryan Gosling!

3 of 5 stars

Labels: , ,