Almost

Just got home from the Orioles game and a stunning loss to the hated Athletics. I am mad at how the whole thing went down. Mad at Zach Britton for giving up 4 runs in the first. Mad at that Socolovich character who gave up another 3 as the Orioles had taken the lead in the sixth. I am especially mad at Jim Johnson who blew a save and blows chunks since the All-Star game.

It was a game that should've been a W. Instead it was a blown opportunity to act like contenders. They battled back all night. Adam Jones is a true All-Star coming through with a lead taking 3 run homer in the fifth. He's the only good player we have.

This loss was hard to take as we knocked those fuckers down every time. Coming back big time for the lead, but losing on the supposed best reliever. Jim Johnson blows and I still hate him. This loss I blame on the idiot kid who wanted extra innings, because it was always extra innings whenever it was fireworks night. As I told him, you always take a W whenever its given to you. Dumb kid jinxing the team.

At least I have another baseball story to tell. Another ball was hit my way. In the three years sitting in that section for season tickets it was the only night a ball came near, and by near I mean right at me, again.

Top of the sixth. One out. Athletics first baseman Parker up. I'm in Row 2 Section 10 Seat 3. The drunk kid in front of me, the couple on the end, and the kid on the wall. The crack of the bat. "Ball," yells the kid in front of me! Woa, that's head right this way! "Oh, shit! Oh, shit! Oh, shit," goes the kid in front of me. I think that it's the dude's on the end he's got it. Except i carries some more. I'm gonna have to make a play! It curves in the air away from the end and is right to me, agan! I let it fall. The kid in front of me has it. I feel like a fool. Needed the nephew's glove tonight. One more time, please.

Labels: , , ,