Right now on the stove is a concoction I threw together, Bean Barley soup. Hopefully, I'm making something that is tasty.

I made some chicken stock just for this. It consisted of chicken wings, onions, celery, carrots, and garlic boiled for 3 hours. Out of this came about 4 cups of stock. Some of it's freezing in the fridge, but about 2 cups is the basis for the soup.

I threw this soup together because of all the left over vegetables I had. A bag of celery and a bag of carrots need to be used.

So how did I make? Three carrots, two celery stalks, and a half an onion fried together for a few minutes before a half a cup of white beans and a third of a cup of barley go into the pot. In goes 2 cups of the chicken stock followed by 4 more cups of water. It may not need that much. Bring it to a boil then turn down the heat to simmer for an hour. Throw in some parsley for good measure. After an hour add half a tablespoon of vinegar to make it brighter. Salt to taste. Fresh ground pepper to taste.

Let's hope I'll enjoy it. I've got a few cups to eat for the next few days.

Labels: