Frozen, the latest Disney animated film and not how I feel in the morning as I get into my car. Perhaps I'm not the right audience for the film, because it didn't impress me like it did the many, many movie-goers who made it tops at the box office this past weekend. I guess I'm not a 10 year old girl or have the soul of a kid because I actually didn't know what was so special -- I mean, come on, it's Tangled in the snow.

Frozen features 2 princesses of an unnamed northern European city-state. When they were young, the eldest exhibited Iceman-like powers and hurt her younger sister. She's was told to suppress them so as she gets older she doesn't know how to control them. When it came time for her to ascend to the throne, the sisters get into a fight which plunges the city-state into a deep winter. The princesses must make up, the queen rein in her power and be regal, and the younger princess must reconcile and help heal the rift between the two.

And there was a magical snowman, a puppy-like reindeer, and an oaf. There was also villains.

This could've been something neat if more of the relationship between the sisters was explored. If it tried to deal with the princesses like Pixar's Brave did. The conflict seemed too superficial.

There was also way too much singing.

3 of 5 stars.

Labels: ,