When you see me blog about a movie like The Other Woman know this, it's not my choice to go see a movie like this. I like watching movies and I'll watch almost anything. I'll catch dumb comedies. I'll gladly watch superhero, action flicks. I'll go see ghost stories. And with The Other Woman, I'll watch chick flicks.

Yes, it's a chick flick. In the theatre, the majority of the audience was female. They were grouped mainly in groups of 3 or more in what can be described as girls' night out. Yet, it was the late afternoon film. We're all trying to save some cash.

Anyway, the film is standard ladies revenge flick on the cheating husband mixed with girl bonding. Leslie Mann plays the wife whose husband has cheated on her. Cameron Diaz is a high powered lawyer who was the mistress. Then swimsuit model, Kate Upton, is the second girl who mistress. They all get revenge on the husband because he's a terrible, terrible person. The husband is some generic guy. Supposedly, he's in Game of Thrones. I haven't seen an episode.

The surprising part is that it was a Leslie Mann film. She stole the show. Cameron Diaz played second fiddle. I kept thinking about her as the monster from The Counselor. Kate Upton, meh.

I don't hate the movie, but it wasn't for me.

2 of 5 stars.

Labels: ,