I think that I am the only one watching movies in the theatre. I saw plenty this year. I mostly liked them. Not too many stood out. Here's my year end review of the last 365 days of movies I saw in theatres. Going over some of the other ones which didn't make this list, there were a few that could've been higher. John Wick and Hercules could've been 4 and 3.5 if I think about it now, but I don't give out half stars, and I don't know why I couldn't appreciate the stylized violence of using a gun like a knife. They deserved better. Also, Pompeii isn't as bad; it's worth a look at least for the sinking of the ship... er I mean the volcano.

Anywhoo, here's my best of list. It's short, because everything else was three stars. And these are the best for real.

5 of 5 stars:
The Wind Rises

4 of 5 stars:
Big Hero 6
The Tale of the Princess Kaguya
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Her

Labels: , ,