I should've made 'buying books I don't read' one of my New Year's Resolutions. I stopped into the old B&N and bought a couple of books. I wanted to pass the time and rack up some steps, but I ended up with a couple of books.

The first book is trying to get me to learn Japanese so that I can talk to my idols, Nogizaka46, at one of their handshake events in Japan. I would like to encourage them to do their best: 頑張って! I've bought several books. And have yet to apply myself to reading and learning. At least I've got a little bit of hiragana and katakana, but without a vocabulary it will be difficult to understanding anything. Hope this book starts me off.

The second is learning about node.js. We're using it at work. And I'm trying to figure out what it is. Will I be able to read it?

Japanese For Beginners by Sachiko Toyozato
Learning Node.js: A Hands-On Guide to Building Web Applications in JavaScript 2nd Edition by Marc Wandschneider

Labels: , , ,