Over the weekend, I made some chicken stock for soups. Basically, I used my new pressure cooker's slow cooker function to craft some chicken stock. It's a standard stock of whatever I had in my fridge: leeks, celery, carrots, onions, garlic. I just threw them into the slow cooker with 1 1/2 lbs. of chicken wings, set it to 10 hours on low, and let it cook overnight to its heart's content. Afterwards, I pulled out the chicken and shredded it, cooled the stock and removed the fat. That's it.

For the soup, I'm just going to sauté onions and carrots, because I still have some on hand. Then throw in the chicken. Now the chicken was shredded so the chunks aren't really chunks of chicken but small particles of chicken. Unfortunately, this doesn't look to appetizing, but it is the chicken I got from my stock. I added 2 quarts of the chicken stock and another quart of water.

For seasoning, besides a pinch of salt, I added 1 tsp of thyme and dried basil, 1/4 tsp of white pepper, and a 1/4 tsp of fish sauce (patis).

For noodles, I'm using whole wheat fusilli. I know I put too many in so that it turns into a mushy stew. Hopefully not. (Cross my fingers.)

I took this to a boil then dropped it to low to simmer for an hour. I'll let you know if it is any good. (Cross my fingers.)

Labels: