I followed the roasted carrot soup on Food52 to make lunch tomorrow. I didn't follow it faithfully. I used it as the guide to making the soup. Why?

I thought I had enough carrots in my fridge. I was wrong. The recipe calls for 6 to 8 large carrots. I had 5 small carrots! I tried to cut down the amount of broth to fit, but I still kept to the steps.

I broiled the carrots in olive oil for about 20 minutes. I boiled the stock (chicken stock in the fridge!) with piece of ginger and a pinch of dried thyme leaves. I sautéed the onions and garlic until transparent. When the carrots were done, I threw it into the sauté then dumped stock into the pot. I brought it to a boil then backed off and let it simmer for 10 minutes. Finally, I puréed it in my blender.

Now I'm letting it sit to cool before putting it in the fridge to keep over night until lunch tomorrow.

The recipe says it's a serving for four. Tonight it came out to be about 3 cups. Is that a serving for three? Tomorrow it will be a serving for one!

I did taste it during the puréeing process. It tasted good. Let's see tomorrow.

Labels: