Why has it taken me two weeks to write a review about the final Wolverine movie, Logan? Am I keeping to my resolutions? Was it a good film?

First. I am lazy. Second. Somewhat. Third. Yes.

The film probably got its reason for being because of the 'Old Man Logan' comics which saw the immortal X-Man old in the future. It was a hit with the comic geeks. I've never read it as keeping up with X-Men comics is a suckers bet. Plus, I'm more a Cyclops or Colossus fan, but they get no love from the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

This was a hard R. Lots of blood and gore and claws through the head. It is everything you wanted to see in a Wolverine film. It's as if his oft repeated catch phrase was taken literally. "I'm the best at what I do, and what I do and so nice." Or something like that I think.

It was good. The more serious film made it feel more grave. That's where all the X-Men really end up. Dead and buried.

4 of 5 stars.

Labels: ,