I should've posted this when I first started writing it. Now the opening doesn't run right. But so what here we go...

While the world was watching football, I caught In This Corner of the World at The Charles. A second movie in the theatre this weekend? Yo!

The film is an anime set in Japan around the time of the second world war. It's main protagonist gets married and spends her time in Kure, the main naval base. It's around the mountains from Hiroshima. World War 2 and Hiroshima? You know where the story is leading.

The film is slice of life like. Following her travails as she copes with her new family and new life. She also dodges bombs and the war as America bombs her city. Finally, the Bomb is dropped and it really messes up her life.

That's the film.

Not bad. I liked it. But I like all kinds of anime. YMMV.

3 of 5 stars.

Labels: , , ,