This past Christmas I was fortunate to hold the final number in our annual Kris Kriminal game. Apple AirPods had been revealed already so I stole 'em. Luckily, I ended up the night with them. Most likely the best Kris Kriminal present I had chanced into. So, with that, you know this review will be mostly positive.

Once they were officially mine, I opened the box, pulled them out of the charging case, put them in my ear, and pressed play. Music came through smoothly. I was mostly amazed that the pairing happened almost instantly. It wasn't as quick as my description lets on, but it wasn't a hassle. I didn't even have to open the Blue Tooth settings to start the pairing. It just happened.

I really only tried it that night once and left them in my gift pile for the next few weeks. It wasn't until the new year that I decided to put them to the test. I have kept them in my pocket for the last two weeks. I don't use them every day, but I do pull them out once in a while to listen to Nogizaka jams during work. I am always in amazement that they fit in the ear just right and do fall out. Admittedly, I have not exercised with them in but they feel snug, never loose or ready to fall out. YMMV.

I love the carrying case. It fits in your pocket and also doubles as the charger. You can keep it forever in your pocket, ready to deploy at a moments notice.

My only problem so far is pairing with other devices. I believe you have to erase its knowledge of the previous device in order to add a new one. I think. I didn't read the directions.

Anyhow, it's pretty neat and should make up for the lack of input jack on the newer iPhones.

Labels: ,