I felt that I wanted some soup this weekend.

My work mate bought me 2 lbs. of chicken backs from the local farm on a whim. I did ask for some in a joking manner not expecting him to buy it, but he did. So that night I threw it into the pressure cooker to make stock: garlic, onions, peppercorns, the chicken. Cook it for 90 minutes. Voila!

Now I had to figure out what soup to do. I ruled out ramen right from the start because I think I need a more richer broth than chicken stock. I fell upon Wonton soup.

Pork wontons. First, I bought the ingredients: ground pork, some green onions, ginger, garlic, and wonton wrappers. I got those at the chinese grocer by work.

I combined ground pork, chopped green onions, minced garlic and ginger together in a bowl. Drizzled a little bit of sesame oil and then mixed it all up.

I didn't cook the wontons with the broth, but before that. Dropped a few into well salted boiling water waited for them to float to the top. Scooped them out and then onto the broth.

Took the chicken stock, some more green onions, ground white pepper, and some paprika and brought it to a boil. Added the wontons back in and let simmer for 15 minutes. Done.

Not too bad. The pork is a little bit dry though and could use some salt, but I like the broth.

Yummy!

Labels: