I watched a Solo: A Star Wars Story a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. That was the night it came out last month. And here we are with my movie review and thoughts which I am trying to dredge up since I can't remember too much.

It was alright. Not spectacular. Just so-so. The problem with delving into the origins of characters that are already great as they are is that the mystery becomes common. Han was 'solo' in escaping from his hard knock life as a street urchin thief. He was like a Oliver Twist in space. Does that sound interesting? It is until it isn't.

Revealing his back story makes the extraordinary ordinary. Han for as long as I've been a Star Wars fan was a swashbuckling character. Yet, as a youngster he was in it for the girl. Dude, lighten up.

The story seemed to have taken just months before episode IV. But I would've thought it would've taken place years before. Like he would take a few years to become the scoundrel he was in episode IV. Compression of time made me worried.

Beyond that, it was a nice to remember that Han shot first.

I was intrigued for the sequel, but we are not getting it. Too much Star Wars.

3 of 5 stars.

Labels: ,