A few weeks back, me and Marge from the FishTank went to catch Seattle at Baltimore down at the yard. We got very good seats. The best ever.

I went, because I wanted to see two future Hall of Famers, Ken Griffey, Jr. and Ichiro. Although, Griffey is no longer the kid, and he did not have a good outing, going 0 for 3 with a walk (I think), it's still good to see the last of the great Mariners play. Then there is Ichiro. Ichiro! He's awesome. He hit a double that looked to be a homer into deep right center. There's no one who's a better hitting machine than him. And he's got a cannon for an arm. He threw a frozen rope from the corner in right field to home plate. Wow! Ichiro!

The home team lost that night, but it was a fun time.

I wore my Ichiro jersey and cheered for him whenever he was up. On the way home, Seattle fans were cheering. One of them saw my jersey. He looked at me and began to cheer again, "Mari-?" He saw my Orioles cap. "Hunh?" The look of confusion on his face was priceless. "WTF?!"

Anyway, watching Ichiro play is just about the best thing in baseball.

http://www.flipflopflyin.com/flipflopflyball/ichiro.html

Labels: ,