Just bought one of these SSD drives from OWC. I'm using as my storage disk for music and photos. Or rather, I am planning to use it, but like the last hard drive I bought, I haven't gone through the steps to break down both media libraries and transfer them to that drive.

Yup, it's a network drive hanging off the Airport Express. I chose an SSD drive so that I don't have to worry about spinning disc failure. I, also, want to connect it to Mobile Me and Back To My Mac so that I can access it from the road. Yet, I can't really figure out how that all works. I have yet to successfully log onto my Mini from outside the house. I'm even having trouble with logging onto it via remote desktop while I am home.

All this network computing -- it's all ridiculous.

http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/internal_storage/Mercury_Extreme_SSD_Sandforce/Solid_State_Pro

Labels: , , ,