I think I've decided on which size cycling shoe to keep. I'm gonna go with the slightly bigger one, the 42.5. I came to this decision after reading about how shoes should fit. Most sites were specific to men's dress shoes. Today's Link of the Day is cycling specific.

The main reason why I chose the larger size is because the tightness worries me. They may be snug, but fifty miles into a ride, they'll be tight. I don't want that. My feet don't want that. Hopefully, this is the best choice.

The 42.5s fit decent. No tightness anywhere just a snug fit. The toe box is where I felt the tightness in the smaller size. My toes felt as if they were touching the front of the shoe. Also, around my forefoot was slightly tight. With the larger size, tightened down I feel snug in the shoe: not tight, but not loose. These feel good. Let's ride.

Now about my Oakleys.

http://www.fitwerx.com/cycling-shoe-fit-how-should-a-well-fit-shoe-feel-and-other-considerations

Labels: , ,