I have many different Asian noodles in my cupboard. I don't know what to do with them. I usually put them in soups, but maybe an occasional stir-fry. I need to know which noodle to use. I need to cook more.

Speaking of which, I did make a soup yesterday with noodles. It's a simple recipe I got from my mom. Whenever she has some meatballs leftover, I get a few and make this soup. To start, fry some garlic in oil, and then add the leftover meatballs. Let that cook for a bit then dump in your broth. I used the rest of the chicken broth I made plus a few more cups of water. Finally, when it boils dump the noodles in, and bring it down to a simmer for about half an hour.

Simple, right? But I forgot: add salt and black pepper to taste.

Here's where today's link helps out. From some of the pictures, it looks like I'm using somen noodles! Wow. I did not know that. I just used the bunch that I also got from my mom. Now that I know, I'll can find it in the store myself.

http://www.seriouseats.com/2014/08/asian-noodle-shopping-guide.html

Labels: ,